» Our Team • Parent Auxiliary (PAC)
"Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections every few years, but when you volunteer,
you vote every day about the kind of school you would like your child to attend."
Volunteers are the strength and the backbone of our school. They are the dedicated force that brings a richness to each child's educational experience.
From the hot lunches lovingly prepared and served to students each month to serving on the Board of Directors, all contribute to making
Elizabeth Buckley a rich, nurturing environment for our students.
As part of the Elizabeth Buckley School community, each year families are asked to commit 20 hours of volunteer time to the school.
All contributions are valued and welcome, and we work with parents to find a role that will fit with their talents and availability.
Some possible roles for working in the school are:
- Library - approximately 1 - 2 hours a week to shelve and sign out books
- Open House - helping to prepare for the February School Open House
- Kindergarten - approximately 2 hours a month to prepare, sort, or clean toys in bins
- Special Day Helpers - to help with classroom parties and events
- Field Trip Drivers and Supervisors - throughout the year
- Scholastic book order coordinator - gather monthly orders for Scholastic books
- Fundraising - throughout the year
- Hot Lunch Helpers - once a month
- Assist at the school booth at trade shows
Watch the newsletters and calendar for volunteer opportunties.